Project4

Everything That's Spatical

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Pierce This

I am trying to talk my mom into letting me get either my nose or belly pierced. I don't really think I could stand to get my tongue pierced or even my eyebrow, I just think the either would irritate the crap out of me half the time.

As far as the tongue piercing goes, I'm sorry, but I swear everyone I've ever seen with one has sort of talked funny because of it, maybe just because it's harder to show off the new piece of jewelry when it's in your mouth like that.

You can always talk with your hands if you want someone to notice a big new diamond ring on your finger, or put your hair behind your ears and keep turning your head a little to get them to notice your Grandma's pearl earrings, or just keep playing with your pendant to get their attention., but about the only way to get someone to notice your tongue is to talk funny or stick it out, which would just be rude.

Think about the people who talk to you. It's not their fault, they have to stare at your tongue. It can't really be helped. It's not like most people haven't seen one by now, but when A) you're talking funny and B) there is a good size, shiny piece of metal in your mouth, it screams to be looked at.

To each their own. there's no doubt they are piercing worse places than the ones I mentioned and I won't even go there.

I just think a little gold hoop or maybe a tiny ruby stud would still look tasteful enough that my mom wouldn't freak. After all there is at least some history behind that one. Here's a little did you know. Nose piercing is like 4,000 years old. It's recorded in the Bible in Genesis that a nose ring was one of the gifts given to Rebekah. In India, they would pierce girls noses as a sign of beauty and social standing, during the 16th century.

Now on the other hand, a belly ring could be very easily hidden. I hear it's a lot more painful though. They look kool though. Definitely not a good idea if there is any Dunlap Disease around the abs. I've also heard sometimes there are more problems with the belly piercings healing right and even infections.

None of it matters too much, since I'll probably have to wait until I'm 18 anyway.

1 Comments:

  • Eyebrow doesn't hurt. At all. Like a little light headed feeling at first. And maybe an occasional headache. but its probably the least painful thing ive pierced

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home